I haven’t done a rework for awhile, so I decided that it might be time to start getting back to normal and doing the posts as I used to. I have thought about this image a lot, and one day I will redo the whole image, that means photographing it as well. I always wished I had ironed the cloth the cups were on.
This is the original I did way back when, I should find the original post, I do remember the image was based on an Olive Cotton image. You can see the Olive Cotton image in this post Teacups Following the Ballet, and you can see the original post for the above image in this post Lighting the Ballet.
There wasn’t a lot wrong with this image, but I did wonder if I did it again, would I do it differently.
I think the answer is yes. The new version is darker, though I think the cups stand out more. I did some blurring and tried to make the highlights stand out more. I just find the wrinkled cloth a little distracting.
Both images began as HDR images that were processed in Photomatix Pro. The Reworked image was then processed in Camera raw and a lot further processing was done in PS. I did some further processing.
I love using the new 27 inch monitor to do my processing now. I still can’t get the higher resolution, apparently a problem with my laptop, but we have ordered a new cable which might allow it. It will be good to have it.
I am now off to do some more research for the Virtual Photography Field Trip that a client has purchased. Off to find out about a place in the world I didn’t know about before. Almost as good as travelling. Almost.
Just a quick note, if you would like to find out if the notes I have written about learning your DSLR are helpful, please check out the testimonial here.