back lighting, ballet, ballet dancing, HDR, images, life images, lighting, lights, long shadow, new software, Nikon D300s, photography, Photomatix, Photos, Photoshop, postaday, still life, sugar bowls, teacups
Since I had bought that globe for more a spot light, I decided to have another go at the teacup ballet, that I did last week.
This is the colour that the image ended up with. I don’t mind the yellow tinge. I find it warm and nice. I set the image up much the same as I did last time, but this time I put down some cloth that I was hoping would be like the original image. I think what was used in the original image was much thicker and I found what I used a bit too flimsy.
When I was processing this image I used the new software that I have, Photomatix, to do them. I have no real idea what I am doing with it, but I just played, so I hope you think they turned out OK.
After Photomatix I then did some post editing in Photoshop.
While I had everything set up, I thought I might have some more fun with my dancing sugar bowls.
Again, the HDR was processed in Photomatix. I think the images do come out well and am looking forward to doing more with it.
I like this perspective, with the long shadow. I did change the light so it was coming more from the side. I think the back lighting works really well, and I’m starting to realise that for me to do these images well, then I need to start having better lighting. I do believe lighting is a very important key.
I’ve shown a similar image to this one before. My ballet dancing sugar bowls. I am quite pleased with this one as well. The shadows really make it. Again, the light was placed on the side. It may have been interesting to have added a second light, a softer one on the other side, or to the front. There is a lot that can be done with lighting.
These images are starting to get closer to what I’m trying to achieve with my still life images. I am looking forward to playing with the light a lot more.