Here we go again, another week of Monochrome Madness, week 35 now. There does seem to be a bit of a theme happening in this weeks MM, and I bet you can guess it is Halloween. We don’t do Halloween in Australia, though many of the younger generations are trying to make it happen, not sure how much luck they will have with that.
Don’t forget that this challenge is all about challenging yourself to make monochrome images, they aren’t judged and it really is all about participating. So if you think you could benefit from doing more monochrome work, then consider joining us. The instructions on how to do it are list at the bottom.
When I was trying to get an image for today I thought I was going to use one of the ones that I had taken of a rainforest that I visited recently, but after doing five of them and not being happy with any of them I saw an image that someone else had done on another blog and I remembered this image. This image I took over two years ago while on a trip to the Mallee, and I was never totally happy with the way I processed it, so I dug it out and tried to see what I would do if I were to make it Monochrome. I like the result, and in the end knew this had to be my image today. I have put the other ones up on my other blog and you can see them here, Trying More Black and White Photography.
Don’t forget all the instructions on how to enter your own images are at the bottom of the post. If you have entered an image then please remember to check your image in the gallery, scroll down and see if anyone has left you any comments.
- 1/ It Goes On
- 2/ Captivate Me
- 3/ sv-takeiteasy
- 4/ MyBlog – solaner
- 5/ Cardinal Guzman
- 6/ The Weekly Minute
- 7/ daysandmonths
- 8/ brightpigments
- 9/ DRAWING WITH LIGHT
- 10/ pkphotooftheday
- 11/ J’s Eye…
- 12/ Snow’s Fissures and Fractures
- 13/ Maverick Mist
- 14/ rajivchopra
- 15/ Road Tripping Europe
- 16/ Eyes to Heart
- 17/ THEPHOTOSEYE
- 18/ CHRIS BREEBAART PHOTOGRAPHY
- 19/ jmeyersforeman photography
- 20/ Taking One Day At A Time
- 21/ EdMooneyPhotography
- 22/ Lisa Chelkowski
- 23/ “There was a time”
- 24/ THE SHADY TREE
- 25/ Crow Canyon Journal
- 26/ mythical horse
- 27/ lisakimmorley.com
- 28/ ARTKORPPI
- 29/ Sue Karski
- 30/ Half a photograph
- 31/ LUIS O. GUTIERREZ photography
- 33/ FINISTERRE
- 34/ Classical Gasbag
- 35/ Exceptional EA
- 36/ ITSALLCOMINGBACKTOMENOW BY B.A
- 37/ James Keegan
- 38/ Photographs by Timothy S. Allen
- 39/ SARI’S CORNER
- 40/ REALIZATION
- 41/ rtpixdotnet
- 42/ Cindy’s Everyday Photography
- 43/ MICHELLE LUNATO PHOTOGRAPHY
- 44/ The Quotidian Hudson
- 45/ ERIC CHRISTOPHER JACKSON
- 46/ Laura Macky
- 47/ Leanne Cole
Now, if you wish to participate and submit an image here is how you do it:-
- You must email me the image you want to include and if you have a blog or website, or somewhere else, please include the link. My email address is email@example.com
- The image size should be low res, so the largest side should be 1000 pixels or less.
- Please insert either your name or your blogs name in the file name.
- Remember I am on Australian time, so with GMT I am +11 hours at the moment, I publish my post on Wednesday morning.
- If you need more help with sending images, and get confused about time zones, etc, well, there is a great website called The World Clock, if you go to that and look at Melbourne time, if it’s before 6pm on Tuesday evening, then you can still send me images. If it’s after that time, you can send me an image, but it will be set aside for the following week.
- Remember to include a link to your blog or website.
- Please remember to resize your images, it is fairly simply, you just need to go into any editing software and usually under Image you will find, resize, scale, or image size, something like that and you can resize your image there. Change the dimensions to pixels and make the longest side 1000 pixels or smaller, hit return, and for most types of software that should change the other side automatically as well. Just remember to save it with a different name so you know it is the smaller version. If you have any problems, please contact me, I don’t mind helping out.
Please note you don’t have to be a WordPress blogger to be in this challenge, you can have a link to a Facebook page, a Flickr page, anywhere really, or no link. We just want to encourage people to do monochrome images, just for the madness of it. Just to let you know also, that as soon as the challenge is published, all emails and images you have sent me are deleted from my computer. I respect your copyright and would never keep any of the images.