MMC, Photography

Monochrome Madness Week 7

It is time once again for Monochrome Madness.  It is a bigger week this time and I have had a lot more entries.  It has been fastastic. For the guidelines of submitting your image, the details will be at the end of the post. LeanneCole-city-5083-10hpm-2My image this week is one I put up on my blog on Sunday, I showed the colour version of it, and when I did it I wondered if it would look better in monochrome.  I think it does.  I do think I played with it a lot more once I changed it.

Laura is all moved and has her images for this week ready as well.

flower-web1Another great image from Laura, and if you want to read about the image, then please check out her blog post Sepia Dream.

We have had over 40 submissions this week, so it is almost time to really consider some alternatives.  The one I like the most is showing the first 40 images, and then just putting links to the others, also I am thinking a deadline of Monday so I have plenty of time to work on the post.

Here is the gallery for the images and the links will be underneath as usual.

Now, if you wish to participate and submit an image here is how you do it:-

• You must email me the image you want to include and if you have a blog or website, or somewhere else, please include the link. My email address is
  • The image size should be as small as it can be, so the largest side should be 1000 pixels or less.
  • You have until the following Tuesday morning to get your entries to me.  Remember I am on Australian time, so with GMT I am +11 hours at the moment, I publish my post on Wednesday morning.
  • Remember to include a link to your blog or website.

Just to let you know also, that as soon as the challenge is published, all emails and images you have sent me are deleted from my computer.  I respect your copyright and would never keep any of the images.

1. Hi Leanne, Maybe yo’ve been told by now, but the headline link in the email below doesn’t take the reader to the site. The “read moreŠ” doesn’t eitherŠat least from my email!

Loving all your posts!

Mary McAvoy Syntax and Style 978-621-8154

From: Leanne Cole PHOTOGRAPHY Reply-To: Leanne Cole PHOTOGRAPHY Date: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 4:37 PM To: Mary McAvoy Subject: [New post] Monochrome Madness Week 7 Leanne Cole posted: “It is time once again for Monochrome Madness. It is a bigger week again and I have had a lot more entries. It has been fastastic. For the guidelines of submitting your image, the details will be at the end of the post. My image this week, I showed the c”

• I pressed the wrong button while I was working on it, and it published by mistake, but hopefully it is all working now. I have just finished it and published it. It took me a long time to do this one.

• Maybe I have to be on my computer but I don’t see the gallery on my ipad. I’ll try on my computer later. I like the idea of posting links.

2. Pingback: Crocus for Lila | James Keegan

• Thanks Carol, it is good, but I have to say it did do my head in this morning. I usually do the post on Tuesday, then publish it first thing this morning, but I was out all day yesterday. WordPress have also changed how they do things too, and it wasn’t as easy. Oh well, that will teach me, I should start a lot sooner. sorry not the response you were expecting, but I had to tell someone. I need a coffee.

• Oh dear, it’s okay. You can unload on me. Have that coffee NOW! I wonder if it would work better for you if you did it so that people post the photo on their own blog and then link it to your Monochrome Madness page themselves. That way we could see them but you wouldn’t have to do all the work.

• I like showing the images, I am just a little tired today, and well, it doesn’t go well. I was out trying to photography the blood moon last night, missed most of it because the traffic was so bad. We did try and do some star shots, which weren’t too bad. Hoping to do more this weekend in the mallee. Having my coffee now, I think I had such a busy day yesterday, I just need to sit quietly today.

3. leecleland says

Hi Leanne, I’m not getting the gallery up on my site, all the links are there that you normally put under the gallery though.

• My mistake, I was trying to fix some of the links and accidently deleted the gallery. So hopefully they are there now.

• leecleland says

All’s working well now, Leanne and thanks for such a great Monochrome Madness week and spending the amount of time that you do on it.

• That is such a relief, I was getting so stressed out, haha. You’re welcome Lee, it is great to see the images all together like this, I’ve already started receiving images for next week, and started working on the post, I am not going to leave it to the last minutes again.

4. Pingback: Oughavel Church Ruins, A Sneak Peak…. | EdMooneyPhotography

5. Amazing entries, as usual. It’s such a great initiative that it was inevitable you’d get swamped with entries eventually! Thanks for all the hard work you put into all these posts.

• Thank you David, I love doing it, but this week was hard, mainly because my routine was interrupted, I usually do the post the night before, ready for publishing, but I was out last night trying to battle the traffic to get a shot of the blood moon, or the lunar eclipse. We basically missed the best part because of the traffic. It was horrendous. I did do some star shots for the first time, and they sort of worked, the bright moon didn’t help. So I had to do everything this morning, and it took a while. Oh well, I am going to start next weeks post today, and then as images come in, I will add them, that will be a lot easier.

6. Wow, another great week – and it’s #7 already…
    RE: wordpress – they are good and free, but I wish they would send out notifications via email when they change things and give us steps as to how to do work arounds.

• I know, week 7, wow. Thanks Robert.
      RE, I KNOW how hard would it be. They have changed the way you can copy links, so now when you do it, it copies all the style and format as well. It makes it so much harder. It was one think I loved, now I hate. Not much point have a monochrome post if all the links are pretty colours. It isn’t free for me, I pay for the upgrade, but it doesn’t seem to matter to them.

7. olliedab says

Thank you so much for this. It’s such a pleasure to be included alongside such great pieces, especially as someone still relatively new to photography!

8. hutchphotography2020 says

Great show of work all around. Thanks so much!

9. Pingback: Monochrome Skies | Photography by Katharine Asals

10. What an amazing set. Each week I am blown away by the submissions. Thanks again for all the hard work you put in.

11. I’m really enjoying not only submitting my own images, but viewing some incredible work from other artists. Thank you again Leanne & Laura for hosting this fun, and creative, “Madness”.

12. Stunning! So many incredible images I must go back and look again. Sorry to hear your moon eclipse adventure was not as you envisioned. At least you get 3 more cracks at it in the next 18 months :) Really enjoy seeing so many talented folks work, thanks for organizing as always. On the look out for next week’s image!

• There are Carrie, it is wonderful. Oh well, it was my first time doing it, I did learn a lot and hopefully next time it will be even better.
      You are welcome, and yes, onto next week.

13. Okay, so I have looked at all the photos and all I can say is WOW! There are so many amazing, talented people here. I love how you all get me to see things in new ways. Thank you for that!

14. Hi Leanne! Another fabulous set of images! I really like yours and think you made a great decision is converting it to black and white. So dramatic!

• Thank you Robyn, on both counts, I think the image worked much better in black and white as well.

15. Thanks again for another brilliant week Leanne and for all your hard work in curating MMC!
    I love looking through all the varied images and visiting new blogs. Thank you!!!

16. Pingback: Monochrome Madness ~ Week 7 | Fine Arts Journal

17. Pingback: Scouting Report: April 15, 2014 | photographybykent

18. Unintentionally, I seem to look forward to seeing this madness more and more week by week. I’ve gained some interesting aspects while looking at those magnificent images. Also following more wonderful bloggers/photographers.

This madness makes my day :)

• That is great, I totally agree with you said about all the interesting aspects, I find all the images so inspiring.
      Thank you so much, when can we expect an image from you? :)

19. Thanks Leanne again for another amazing collection of photos. This is one of the best galleries on the web. Your black and white image is stunning. Bravo :-)

• You are more than welcome Andrew, it is fantastic, and I feel honoured that people trust me with their images. Thank you, I was happy with mine too. They are all great. :)

20. Thanks, Leanne for including my image in such a fantastic group. I know all of us realy appreciate the hard work you put in to make this happen. On the lunar eclipse, I can sympathize–here in the eastern US, it was totally overcast so we didn’t stand a chance. I put a link to your post in my blog this evening so hopefully I’ll send some readers your way.

• You are very welcome Robin, it was a little harder this week, but that was my fault, I have already started next weeks post and as the images come in, I will start adding them. That would suck, overcast, at lease we could see it while we were stuck in the traffic. Hahaha Thank you, that would be lovely. It is starting to become very popular.

21. Thank you for being such a terrific host for this gallery. I’m honored to be among such beautiful work. Be well.

• Thank you too Dawn for submitting your image, it wouldn’t be possible if others didn’t contribute.

22. Beautiful photos presented here. I will submit a photo someday! I used to take monochrome photos but later on I fall in love with colors, so most of my photos are in color now :) I am glad that you post this monochrome weekly to remind me of my previous work when I was a total beginner to photography. Thank you so much!

• I hope so, it would be great if we are encouraging people to do that. I am the same, this challenge has really helped me to start seeing more black and white.
      YOu are very welcome, I look forward to seeing one of your images soon.

23. Thanks Leaane and apologies for mine being a bit last minute, in fact I wasn’t expecting to see it this week. This is clearly proving very popular, and the images are great. 😊

• That’s okay, I got it after I woke up and hadn’t started the post, so it wasn’t a problem to include it, though when you send another one, sending it in earlier would be great ;)
      It is becoming popular, it is wonderful.

24. Wow, 45 entries – that’s a lot!
    I’m in on the G+ idea that you’ve discussed with Shane earlier.
    I’m heading to Jerusalem today, so I’ll see if I can catch something interesting for next weeks Monochrome Madness. It shouldn’t be a problem, because it’s Easter now, which means that the place is full with nutters. :)

• LOL, I love that Cardinal, :D
      Some people don’t like the g+ idea because they don’t use it, but maybe what can happen is people send the images to me still and I can put the overload on their. Something like that. Will see.

25. trinitycreationz says

Reblogged this on and commented:
    Love this work!

26. It gets better and better each week! Thank you for organizing and putting it together again! I love your entry, wonderful strong picture with so much atmosphere and lines.

27. Pingback: Monochrome Madness Week 7: Canal, so below, so above | What's (in) the picture?

28. Pingback: Ladybird | Capturing Little Moments

29. Such wonderful and inspiring photos again, I really enjoy these posts! Thank you for including my work. :)

• That is wonderful Elina I enjoy them too, they really make me want to get good black and white shots. You’re welcome, thank you for you contribution.

30. Another set of fantastic images by everyone! Congrats to you all.

I completely forgot that I didn’t send my pic to you Leanne… but that’s ok, I’ll be back at it next week.

Enjoy the rest of your week everyone :)

• Get in early Shane, I am trying to get the post done a lot earlier so it isn’t such a big job on the day.
      We did get more great images, and I have to say more great images keep coming in.
      You enjoy your week too, long weekend for Easter here, looking forward to lots of photos.

31. Ingrid D. says

Wow! When I look at the other pictures, I can only be grateful that you included mine! Got something special coming up; not sure if I can make it next week, otherwise it’s for the week afterwards!

• All the images are great Ingrid, including yours. Thanks for your contribution and I can’t wait to see the next one coming up.

32. Thanks Leanne for including me, I feel privileged to be featured with such amazing work :) This post has definitely inspired me to find places for more monochromatic shots.

33. that is one seriously incredibly stunning shot u have posted by fellow freind laura M wowza the more mesmerized lewkin at it kewl one laura :)

34. Pingback: Monochrome Madness – Gettin it Right | Quarksire

35. And I’ll echo lauramacky…….WOW!!! Some stunning images to feast my eyes upon….. thank you

36. is always the kewlest time flying round the werld through ur page visiting amatuer an pro a likes wunderful photgraphic displays , is very kewl weekly adventure and more because of ur werld and many other great photographers werldz here my hats off to ya all awesome stuff i must say, an if i didn’t comment on ur dot com er what not well is not cuz i didnt like ur stuff inet is being real slow tonight loading high resolution shots…. so 91st thought on this page here for the 90 minutes at least i hung out lewking at all the photos this week , very kewl :) over an out to leane an miss mackys webby werld :) of photos here …hasta from colorado Q :)

• That’s fine, glad you enjoy the trip when you visit the blog, there are some great images here. :)

• I haven’t worked a lot with B&W. I see too much in color. My B&W imagination isn’t very established. That “eclipse” is about as close as I come to B&W.

• It takes some practice but that was really the reason for the start of this challenge, to challenge ourselves to do more black and white.

• I see. I missed out on that. I don’t get to check every day those I follow. Another time, perhaps. :)

37. I find some photos scream to be shown it this light :) wonderful shots Leanne! Hope you are well Happy Easter if you celebrate it.

38. Pingback: Monochrome Monday: Week 1 | Macro Masterpieces