Monochrome Madness Week 6
All through the week a steady number of emails have been coming in with some absolutely wonderful work attached. That is one thing I like about the “moderator” of this challenge, I get to see all the images first. Of course, it then makes me try even harder to do an image that is worthy to be included. A great challenge, I am thinking about Black and White so much more.
I took this image the other night when I took my students into the city to do some night photography. I wouldn’t normally turn a night photo into black and white as I think the colours of the lights are what makes the images, but this one was taken very early in the evening, and the sun hadn’t really set, though lights were coming on. I thought making it black and white did help. I spent about 3 hours on this image and learned a lot of things while doing it.
Laura is taking a break this week. She is very busy in her non blogging world. I am sure she will be back next week.
We have had so many entries, and again, a great variety. I hope you enjoy the submissions this week. Remember the instructions for submitting your own work will be at the end of the post.
- 1/ John Holding
- 2/ LONG WHITE CLOUD PHOTOGRAPHY
- 3/ KLEESBUTTERFLY
- 4/ http://onefabric.tumblr.com/
- 5/ Our Grandfathers’ Grain Elevators
- 6/ “There was a time”
- 7/ Musings on life
- 8/ One Day | One Image
- 9/ Cardinal Guzman
- 10/ Sally’s world365
- 11/ HUTCHPHOTOGRAPHY2020
- 12/ LUIS O. GUTIERREZ PHOTOGRAPHY
- 13/ WHAT’S (IN) THE PICTURE?
- 14/ thechangingpalette
- 15/ KKEITH, PHOTOGRAPHER: THE PHOTOBLOG
- 16/ Compass Photography
- 17/ MyBlog – solaner
- 18/ PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG BY GT
- 19/ Robyn Graham Photography
- 20/ LensScaper
- 21/ Six Pixx
- 22/ The Shady Tree
- 23/ PICTURES AND PARAGRAPHS
- 24/ EdMooneyPhotography
- 25/ Blue Spectrum
- 26/ The Weekly Minute
- 27/ James Keegan
- 28/ through the viewfinder …
- 29/ Life: A Scot in Norway
- 30/ Brooklyn Bystander
- 31/ ETCETERA ETCETERA ETCETERA
- 32/ FINISTERRE
- 33/ 18 MILLION PIXELS
- 34/ Wendy Philip P h o t o g r a p h y
- 35/ DAN SHEHAN PHOTOGRAPHY
- 36/ Leanne Cole
Now, if you wish to participate and submit an image here is how you do it:-
- You must email me the image you want to include and if you have a blog or website, or somewhere else, please include the link. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- The image size should be as small as it can be, so the largest side should be 1000 pixels or less.
- You have until the following Tuesday morning to get your entries to me. Remember I am on Australian time, so with GMT I am +11 hours at the moment, I publish my post on Wednesday morning.
- Remember to include a link to your blog or website.
Just to let you know also, that as soon as the challenge is published, all emails and images you have sent me are deleted from my computer. I respect your copyright and would never keep any of the images.