We have had another great response for our Monochrome Madness Challenge this week. It’s great receiving emails all week long as images come in for me to add to the list for today’s post. Remember, anyone can send an image and we have decided that people who don’t have blogs or websites should submit if they want to. Really, we just want to encourage everyone to try making black and white images.
We have some people who have submitted work before, and some new people. If you want to submit an image for next week then the instructions and guidelines are at the end of the post.
My image this week. I took this last Friday when I was out with a friend and I knew pretty much knew as I was taking it that I was going to make it a black and white image. I didn’t take it at a great time of the day, but I hope the final results show that it didn’t matter. I did start with a HDR and then worked from there. I didn’t use Silver Efex, I wanted to, but I am having trouble with my computer and windows at the moment, we might be experiencing irreconcilable differences. My husband thinks it looks like a graveyard, interesting, I can understand that.
Laura has also sent me her black and white image, another great image.
Laura has written about her image in a post on her blog, LAURA MACKY, so please take a look there if you would like more information. Though, I hope you do and I hope you visit lots of the blogs below as well. We had more submissions this week, and, again, a lot of variety. It just makes my mind boggle looking at the possibilities and what you can do with Black and White. Don’t forget if you would like to participate in our challenge, the guidelines are at the end of the post. Please enjoy some Monochrome Madness.
- 1/ Wendy Philip P h o t o g r a p h y
- 2/ Fine Arts Journal
- 3/ thechangingpalette
- 4/ The Shady Tree
- 5/ 18 MILLION PIXELS
- 6/ FINISTERRE
- 7/ LUIS O. GUTIERREZ PHOTOGRAPHY
- 8/ THE PALLADIAN TRAVELER
- 9/ letsgotakepictures
- 10/ Blinded by Light
- 11/ The Weekly Minute
- 12/ MARSHA LEE
- 13/ treesshrubs’s Blog
- 14/ Truel’s Blog
- 15/ KKEITH, PHOTOGRAPHER: THE PHOTOBLOG
- 16/ through the viewfinder …
- 17/ infraredrobert
- 18/ Cardinal Guzman
- 19/ shmamaland
- 20/ MyBlog – solaner
- 21/ “There was a time”
- 22/ Brooklyn Bystander
- 23/ RK Powers Photos
- 24/ Robyn Graham Photography
- 25/ LAURA MACKY
- 26/ Jamie Christine Photography
- 27/ Leanne Cole
Now, if you wish to participate and submit an image here is how you do it:-
- You must email me the image you want to include and if you have a blog or website, or somewhere else, please include the link. My email address is email@example.com
- The image size should be as small as it can be, so the largest side should be 1000 pixels or less.
- You have until the following Tuesday morning to get your entries to me. Remember I am on Australian time, so with GMT I am +11 hours at the moment, I publish my post on Wednesday morning.
- Remember to include a link to your blog or website.
Just to let you know also, that as soon as the challenge is published, all emails and images you have sent me are deleted from my computer. I respect your copyright and would never keep any of the images.