We have had a lot of entries again for this weeks Monochrome Madness Challenge, and I am going to show all the submissions to you again. They are another another great selection, which I am sure you will agree with.
I took this image by hanging the camera over the edge of the wharf, and taking the image. I thought it was interesting how this boat was just sitting there, or moored there by itself. I pretty much knew as soon as I took it that I would want to convert it into a black and white image. I did this with Silver Efex and some processing in Photoshop.
For those that aren’t aware, this challenge was started by Laura and myself as a way to push us to do more black and white. I am really enjoying it, and look forward each week to seeing what I can make look better in black and white. We also invited anyone who wanted to join us to submit their own images for the challenge. The response has been great. Again, if you would like to join us, then there are guidelines for submitting work at the end of this post.
Here is a gallery with all the submissions this week. I have put the links to the images with each one, and a list is after the gallery.
- 1/ Shutterly Delicious
- 2/ KKEITH, PHOTOGRAPHER: THE PHOTOBLOG
- 3/ letsgotakepictures
- 4/ Shivani Sharma Dasmahapatra
- 5/ Cardinal Guzman
- 6/ Blinded by Light
- 7/ The Shady Tree
- 8/ MyBlog – solaner
- 9/ Tide Line Still Life
- 10/ Life: A Scot in Norway
- 11/ treesshrubs’s Blog
- 12/ The Weekly Minute
- 13/ Fine Arts Journal
- 14/ FATman Photos
- 15/ ETCETERA ETCETERA ETCETERA
- 16/ Brooklyn Bystander
- 17/ The Republic of Ann
- 18/ n.k.d.
- 19/ thechangingpalette
- 20/ LUIS O. GUTIERREZ PHOTOGRAPHY
- 21/ FINISTERRE
- 22/ EM’S PHOTOGRAPHY ADVENTURE
- 23/ Laura Macky
- 24/ Leanne Cole
Now, if you wish to participate and submit an image here is how you do it:-
- You must email me the image you want to include with a link to your blog, or website. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- The image size should be as small as it can be, so the largest side should be 1000 pixels or less.
- You have until the following Tuesday morning to get your entries to me. Remember I am on Australian time, so with GMT I am +11 hours at the moment, I publish my post on Wednesday morning.
- Remember to include a link to your blog or website.
Just to let you know also, that as soon as the challenge is published, all emails and images you have sent me are deleted from my computer. I respect your copyright and would never keep any of the images.