While I had everything set up yesterday, I tried some other set ups. I didn’t want to put them all up yesterday, today I thought I would show you one without so much fruit. I am going to do the same as I did yesterday, start with the original image and then show the HDR image, followed by two other images where I have tried other things.
This is the HDR version. I am a lot more pleased with this. I think the glass pops out more. The cloth didn’t need any work and I didn’t even notice it too much. I like how this one works so much better than the original.
I have been doing a lot of reading on how to grunge up images, wondering if that is what I need to do to get the type of image that I’m looking for. Of course, it doesn’t help that I don’t really know what I’m looking for. I don’t know if I would continue doing this, but I have learned some new things, and that is never bad. Often I have to try things, go away, think about them, and then decide how I would use them.
That is what I have done for this image. I wondered if I followed most of the steps, well just a couple actually and then did something on its own would it work. I blurred the image, and then added some sharper bits, much like what you would do with a painting.
When you are painting, you don’t give everything the same amount of sharpness that you often get with a photo. You decide what is going to be your point of focus and then work out from there. I want to do that more.
I don’t know know if you are able to see any differences between the four images. I hope you can, maybe try clicking on them for a larger image.
The experimentation continues.